Media Arts (Interactive Media), Adjunct Faculty
Job Number: FAC439
Work Type: Adjunct, Lecturer
Location: Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Media Arts (Interactive Media), Adjunct Faculty
MTSU seeks candidates committed to innovative teaching and meaningful service. We also seek to attract culturally and academically diverse faculty who value working with diverse students.
Salary commensurate with education and experience
Job Summary/Basic Function
The Department of Media Arts at Middle Tennessee State University invites applicants for an adjunct Instructor faculty position in Interactive Media. This is a part-time position and does not include benefits. The start date for the position is August 1, 2024. The position is contingent upon funding.
Adjunct faculty members may teach various aspects of the interactive and digital media discipline, which may include:
- Writing for online, mobile, and game platforms. Familiarity with microcopy and content design principles.
- Basic HTML and CSS, past and present web design principles.
- Content management systems, especially WordPress.com and WordPress-hosted CMS platforms.
- Audience demographic research and analysis • Online content and media strategy for current and emerging technologies (social media, online video, websites, e-commerce, augmented reality, 360 imaging, etc.
- Representation in the digital media sphere.
- Theory and history of digital and interactive media in a local, national, and global context.
- Rich media theory, principles, techniques, and technology (video, audio, 360, AR, VR, etc.).
- User experience design, accessibility, and usability for online and mobile platforms.
- Digital analytics and search engine optimization professional practice and tools.
- History and practice of law, government regulation, and policy.
- Current business practices in the digital disciplines.
- Generative artificial intelligence and its uses.
- Familiarity with various professional software tools, including Adobe Creative Cloud, Microsoft Office, Figma, Canva, Asana, Hootsuite, HubSpot, and Google Analytics.
Adjunct faculty should be comfortable working in a dynamic academic landscape as dictated by evolving technology, business, and societal contexts.
A terminal degree in a closely related field is required by the appointment date. A master’s degree in a closely related field with five (5) years of professional experience or a bachelor's degree in a closely related field with ten (10) years of professional experience will be considered.
Documents Needed to Apply
To successfully apply, applicants must include a cover letter and curriculum vitae.
Applicants must provide a link(s) to their work samples in the appropriate section of the application. This may be accomplished by providing a link(s) either in their curriculum vitae or in a document attached as "Linked Work Samples." The link(s) must be active and working at the time of application submission and remain so until the search is complete.
Special Instruction to Applicants
For more information about serving as a faculty member at Middle Tennessee State University, please visit our faculty recruitment webpage at https://mtsu.edu/facultyrecruitment/.
If you need help applying, please contact Mitzi Dunkley, Faculty Recruitment Specialist, at (615) 898-5128. If you have position-specific questions, please contact Marie Barnas at Marie.Barnas@mtsu.edu.
MTSU offers a comprehensive benefits package, including but not limited to the following:
Click here for additional information.
- Sick Leave
- Vacation Leave for Administrative/Classified Staff/12-month Faculty
- 13 paid University holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Retirement plans
- Optional 401K and 403B Deferred Compensation Plans
- Educational benefits for the employee and their spouse and dependents
MTSU is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer that values diversity in all its forms. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
Proof of U.S. citizenship or eligibility for U.S. employment is required before employment (Immigration Control Act of 1986). Clery Act crime statistics for MTSU are available at https://www.mtsu.edu/police/docs/2023AnnualSecurityReport.pdf or by contacting MTSU Public Safety at (615) 898-2424.
MTSU is a Tobacco & Drug-Free campus.
This position requires a criminal background check. Therefore, you will be required to provide information about your criminal history to be considered.
For individuals requiring reasonable accommodation to apply: In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation to apply for a position with MTSU, please call 615-898-2929 or email email@example.com.
Application Review Date: 11/07/2023
Advertisement Opened: CST
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend