Project Manager - Forensic Institute
Job Number: P391
Work Type: Administrative
Location: Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Categories: College of Liberal Arts
Project Manager - Forensic Institute
Forensic Institute for Res and Educ
$55,095 - $69,328; commensurate with experience
Job Summary/Basic Function
Reporting to the Director of the Forensic Institute for Research & Education (FIRE) the incumbent will assist in bringing a forensic science emphasis to Middle Tennessee State University. The incumbent will coordinate and manage of a wide variety of training and instructional programs performed by FIRE, to include developing workshops, conferences and seminars, and professional continuing education classes. These programs will be dependent on external funding, and the incumbent must be able to apply a professional knowledge of institutional funding processes to fully research and successfully compete for a wide variety of external opportunities, such as grants and cooperative agreements. The incumbent will be expected to draw upon their professional training and experience in these areas to oversee the day-to-day management of these agreements with a minimum of daily oversight.
Masters degree required
Required Related Experience
• 7 (seven) years experience in successful grant writing and project management that includes:
3 (three) years experience performing program evaluation (e.g., Participatory Impact Pathways Analysis)
3 (three) years experience working in a forensic laboratory setting
2 (two) years experience teaching/training/mentoring students/interns
2 (two) years experience in marketing, advertising, organizing, conducting training
• Demonstrated public speaking skills
• Demonstrated publication record
• Familiarization with standards-development processes, especially those relating to forensic science (e.g., Scientific Working Groups, Organization of Scientific Area Committees)
Desirable Related Experience
• PhD preferred
• 10+ (ten)+ years experience in grant writing and grant management that includes:
5+ (five)+ years experience performing program evaluation (e.g., Participatory Impact Pathways Analysis)
3+ (three)+ years experience working in an ACCREDITED forensic laboratory setting, including Standard Operating Procedures and Quality Assurance principles.
3+ (three)+ years experience teaching/training/mentoring students/interns
3+ (three)+ years experience in marketing, advertising, organizing, conducting training
• Demonstrated public speaking skills (>3 national/international presentations)
• Demonstrated publication record (>3 journal articles/book chapters/research studies)
• Participation in a standards-development process, especially those relating to forensic science (e.g., Scientific Working Groups, Organization of Scientific Area Committees)
Documents Needed to Apply
Cover Letter & CV/Resume Required
MTSU offers a comprehensive benefits package, including but not limited to the following:
Click here for additional information.
- Vacation and Sick Leave
- 13 paid University holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Retirement plans
- Optional 401K and 403B Deferred Compensation Plans
- Educational benefits for the employee and their spouse and dependents
MTSU is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer that values diversity in all its forms. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
Proof of U.S. citizenship or eligibility for U.S. employment will be required prior to employment (Immigration Control Act of 1986). Clery Act crime statistics for MTSU are available at http://www.mtsu.edu/police/docs/2021AnnualSecurityReport.pdf or by contacting MTSU Public Safety at (615) 898-2424.
MTSU is a Tobacco & Drug-Free campus.
This position requires a criminal background check. Therefore, you may be required to provide information about your criminal history in order to be considered for this position.
For individuals requiring a reasonable accommodation to apply: In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with MTSU, please call 615-898-2929 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Review Date: June 3, 2022
Advertisement Opened: CST
Advertisement Closes: CST
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend